History often repeats itself. Do something well and keep doing it, chances are you will be successful. Wrong! In today’s web environment, it is not enough to have a web presence, offer a great product or service and expect everyone to embrace it. Your competition is global and you need to keep ahead of the curve by employing the most current and effective web strategies and techniques available. Yes, it can get overwhelming trying to decide how to market your website and which strategies will produce the desired results. Here is a brief checklist of marketing tips designed to cut through the clutter and fast track your web marketing efforts.
1. Is Your Website Viewable? All websites are not created equal. Some of the most common flaws in website development are as follows: they are confusing to the viewer; the offer(s) and guarantee(s) get lost; they don’t differentiate themselves from the competition; they are overloaded with graphics, including flash.
2. Work with a Direct Response Web Marketer. Most websites could be improved and made more effective. Implementing direct response techniques to guide the viewer to take action by purposefully directing them through your website with the use of audio, email capture, and with engaging copy and crisp concise headlines.
3. Maintain a Branded Blog. Blogs are one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website. They should be branded for continuity of image and should be updated at least twice a week with useful and related content and links.
4. Use the Social Web Network. The more eyeballs, the more traffic to your site. There are may directories that are part of the growing social online network you should be in including: Google, Yahoo, Technorati, , Digg.
5. List Your Site in an Online Directory! Contrary to popular opinion, directories are an excellent way to promote your online business and your offerings.
6. Submit Press Releases to Online PR Engines. There are many online news sites that are niched for your particular market. Submit your press releases to pr engines such as PRWeb, BusinessWire, SmartBriefs – to name a few.
7. Write Articles and Post on Website. Content is king on a website, if placed in strategic areas that do not overwhelm the viewer. Make a point of writing or using articles with relevant keywords. Articles can be as few as 4 paragraphs or 1000 words or less. But use original content, as search engines frown on duplicate copy taken from other sites.
8. Use Teleseminars to Promote Your Products and Services. Offering a free teleseminar is an excellent way to expose viewers to your products and services. They position you as an expert in your field, entice the viewer to attend a complimentary, no-obligation teleseminar for 1-hour and can begin an ongoing relationship with the attendees. It is also a chance to upsell through special promotions just for attending.
9. Ongoing Online Communications with Viewers. Give your viewers a chance to sign-up for a monthly or bi-monthly newsletter full of useful content, tips of the week, and an opportunity to participate in a monthly conference call about a topic of interest.
10. Tell-A-Friend Viral Marketing. Perhaps the best way to get qualified viewers and increase your online universe and reach is to have a tell-a-friend component to your website and web marketing niche pages. Viewers love to share information with their friends and colleagues. These are 100% deliverable and viewers will surely open them because they come from a pre-approved recognizable email.